Commercial Electrical Testing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thewiz

Reaction score
Hello, 

Just wondering if you have to register with a scam in order to carry out electrical testing (not a inspection) on a commercial property as a 3rd party contractor? 

As i am aware scams are for PART P only ?? 

Cheeers 

lol what i mean is its not a full inspection. its new system so there fore all regulations should be met already, obviously will look for any that have been missed or bad workman ship. 

They company have installed the electrical system but have asked us to carry out the dead tests. 

Does that include the neon screwdriver used to take the plate fronts off as well?!

Just clarifying for those who know not what they do...........

Last edited by a moderator:
Ye i understand that. Any way could i sub this work to electricians who are not registered with a scam but have relevant testing qualifications ?

No, we will be singing it off... just need other tester to test as its quite a lot ...... 16 BDs 

As they are not on our books do they need to be resisted with a scam to carry out the testing ?

yes they do steve 

Does that include the neon screwdriver used to take the plate fronts off as well?!.....he implied that a visual was just that LOOKING only

Just clarifying for those who know not what they do...........

I thought NIC had a visual only certificate for use with landlords and such, swear I have 10 on the PC, will check later.
They used to do a visual form years ago I think, never used one though

The 'visual landlords inspection' (insert the words you want)  came about as an interim check between 'proper'  inspections. Its mentioned in GN3 as  rental properties are meant to have an inspection every 12 months & change of occupancy.  So if the previous paperwork  for a full test & inspection is shown then  a visual is acceptable but only then.

nor do i> this is what i have been asked to quote for. No one seems to of answered my original question as of yet?? 

Do you need to be registered with a scam to carry out testing in a commercial premises??

As far as i am aware nothing has been powered up, waiting for dead test results witch i have been asked to do. 

It's a workplace, so workplace laws apply.

No scam membership is needed, however, the "persons" undertaking the work must be competent under statute law to undertake this work.

The customer insurance policy (contract of insurance), does need to be consulted.

To do a 3rd party I & T of an install will need the full design specification documentation, to ensure that it is in compliance with the original design.

Noting all other statue law requirements.

Last edited by a moderator: