Commercial kitchen LED batten

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky

retired and loving it!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a few lights to replace in a commercial kitchen. Now, I know these have to be vapour proof, but I am concerned standard LED battens will get wiped out by the heat at ceiling level, so does anyone know of a batten suitable for such a location?

Unfortunately there is little between brands these days LED lighting has introduced a raft of low grade products. I would stick to an established brand preferably with metal clips for the diffuser as plastic will deteriorate with airborne oil.

At the risk of being deleted....
Try calling Ansell
Make sure the body is made of GRP not just plastic. Over time the Uv will degrade the PVC and it will collapse.

Fun fact....when we used to refurb beauty salons we found that St Tropez tanning spray destroyed weatherpack fittings in about 6 months. Not the sort of thing you wan dropping on you whilst having the backdoors bleached

At the risk of being deleted....
Try calling Ansell
Make sure the body is made of GRP not just plastic. Over time the Uv will degrade the PVC and it will collapse.

Fun fact....when we used to refurb beauty salons we found that St Tropez tanning spray destroyed weatherpack fittings in about 6 months. Not the sort of thing you wan dropping on you whilst having the backdoors bleached
A tan and a shock, is that what happened to Trump 😃

Unfortunately there is little between brands these days LED lighting has introduced a raft of low grade products. I would stick to an established brand preferably with metal clips for the diffuser as plastic will deteriorate with airborne oil.
This is what's bothering me. I fitted KSR battens in a school, they failed during summer warm weather. As it happens I bumped into the rep and gave him an ear bashing, turns out they had specced the LEDs at only 30C, since improved.

Now I've asked various wholesalers for a product with higher heat spec, but even the manufacturers don't seem to be able to offer a suitable product. Non seem to know what temperature their products are suitable for, so I'm rather stymied at the moment, and thinking of just fitting florescent.

I'll try and find out from a colleague what we fitted in a relighting job in a bakery factory last year as they were spec'ed for the temperature, as were the T5 units that they replaced (which were thorn) as even if you go for flouro, if not speced for the heat HF ballasts will suffer and I dont think we can be installing switch start in 2023....

Latest posts