Comparing Module Manufaturers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SparkyMarky

Reaction score
Is there an independent review site that compares the manufacturers of PV kit, particularly modules. I'm pricing a couple of jobs at the moment and have quotes from my suppliers for Bosch, SNShine and EOPLLY modules with significant price differences, particularly the latter. As I don't have any experience it's impossible to make a rational selection. What have you chaps done?

Cheers, Mark

No complete site anywhere that I've found. Sanyos are the best but pricey, Schott,Sharp, Romag, Canadian solar, and loads of other known names are in the middle. At cheaper end I use Phono-solar, which compare well with Sharp. Yingli seem worth a look. Kyrocera seem excellant but again pricey. Look at MCS certification, anything less than 14% efficient I ignore. No one panel suits all installations, for instance, not all panels are rated for salt-water, and not all panels are rated for ammonia ie farm sheds. Lots of the stuff is badge engineered chinese product anyway.

have a look at uksolarcasestudy - might help a bit

Have a look at Day4 panels - Canadian bunch. Think I read Sanyo have done salt water spray test now aswell. Segen has a nice little summary of the panels they sell, which makes interesting reading. Think most of the Cnadian manufactuerers are rated for salt, so probably worth looking at Canadian Solar aswell.

Have now fitted Sharp, Sanyo and Phono solar, and Sharp nu185s are probably best built of the lot. Will be firing up Sanyos tomorrow, hoping for some good weather so we can see then fly....

Hyundai modules haves great resistance for salty area. You have to know that normally modules from all brands are produce to be installed at a minimum of 500 meters from the sea.

Many brands have now developp a protection against salt damages but you have to ask manufacturers and you'll have to pay added costs.