Competition time

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, you sad git, just a few quick points:1. the link you sent wouldn't let me in til i registered.

2. i am now impersonating an electrician which is probably an imprisonable offence.

3. how dare you edit your younger, cleverer, more beautiful sister off that photograph.

4. will get back to you re a title but i suppose i won't be allowed to win as it will breach your T&Cs
It is ok everyone. this is my little sister having a pop.

i will deal with her in due course......

i e-mailed her as she is very clever, such as cryptic crosswords and the like.

i thought she may be able to come up with a title!

It is ok everyone. this is my little sister having a pop.i will deal with her in due course......

i e-mailed her as she is very clever, such as cryptic crosswords and the like.

i thought she may be able to come up with a title!
I think you should add her back into the picture,

I think you should add her back into the picture,
you asked for it guys.....

cropped.jpg

She is a matron in a hospital these days.

it is everyone else who has that face!

Now that justice has been done and my superior knowledge has been acknowledged, how about

The Doctor does Heaven 17th

makin' 2382 sing

or

The Doctor Delivers Again

the 17th edition without the tantrums

your loving sister

ooh Matron! :Y

Actually bro, i forgot to ask (sorry in advance to all of you bright sparks who think a 3 year old should know this)

in converting watts to amphours (ie watts/volts), does that mean if i am converting a blower on a septic tank which runs at 60watts (and the thing is run off the mains) the Ah is 60/240 = 0.25 Ah, and does that mean it would only need a 12Ah battery to run it for 24 hours (based on the notion that you should only deplete a battery by 50% before charging). if i'm right about the above and i wanted to run it off a battery, do i then need to get an inverter thing to put between the battery and the blower to convert the power back to the right voltage (i still dont get the inverter thing-why cant you just use it at the voltage of the battery? what would happen?)

p.s my patients are not scared of meGuinness

Actually bro, i forgot to ask (sorry in advance to all of you bright sparks who think a 3 year old should know this)in converting watts to amphours (ie watts/volts), does that mean if i am converting a blower on a septic tank which runs at 60watts (and the thing is run off the mains) the Ah is 60/240 = 0.25 Ah, and does that mean it would only need a 12Ah battery to run it for 24 hours (based on the notion that you should only deplete a battery by 50% before charging). if i'm right about the above and i wanted to run it off a battery, do i then need to get an inverter thing to put between the battery and the blower to convert the power back to the right voltage (i still dont get the inverter thing-why cant you just use it at the voltage of the battery? what would happen?)

p.s my patients are not scared of meGuinness
In theory yes - watts/volts gives you the amps and then amps by time gives you Ahr!

If you want to do this get a leisure battery - more expensive than a standard car battery but designed to be charged/discharged. Get one with a higher amp hour rating than you think you'll need!

:D

Latest posts