Connecting LED lights of different colors and voltages?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ivanzuelox

Reaction score
Hi guys, I want to assemble a panel of lights of different colors for the lighting of my living room.

The only thing I know of electricity is that: there are different cables for different resistors for different
voltages according to use.

I have the idea of order of LED lights in a square aluminum board, but more than that I do not know. Also I
want to connect the maximum number of LED lights possible without overloading the three drivers.

I currently have 3 types of LED lights: white, red and blue. The technical detail of these is as follows:

List of my leds with electrical technical details:
- 50 (quantity) x 3w (watts) cold white / 3.2­3.8v 700ma
- 50 x 3w red / 2.2­2.4v 750ma
- 50 x 3w blue 445­455nm / 3.6­3.8v 700ma

Also I have:
- 150 x pcb stars of aluminum
- 3 x 50 watts drivers INPUT AC: 85/265v50/60hz AC: 0.8A OUTPUT DC: 24­38V DC: 1.5a+­5%
10C*5&*1W

Pic sketch:

wlZAmQh.png

I hope someone will agree to help me

Ok, so are the drivers manually changeable for the voltage output,?

Also, are they proper constant current drivers,? This is what LEDs are fussy about, that the current and voltage remains stable. 

Ok, so are the drivers manually changeable for the voltage output,?

Also, are they proper constant current drivers,? This is what LEDs are fussy about, that the current and voltage remains stable. 

Not, the drivers (only have wires) are very similar to the attached image below:

s-l1600.jpg

I'd be wanting to use fixed voltage constant current drivers, 

How else are you going to be able to calculate the resistors required without a constant output,? 

On saying that, it may well be the voltage output is relevant to the voltage input, you are going to have to measure this and check before designing any sort of circuit.

I'd be wanting to use fixed voltage constant current drivers, 

How else are you going to be able to calculate the resistors required without a constant output,? 

On saying that, it may well be the voltage output is relevant to the voltage input, you are going to have to measure this and check before designing any sort of circuit.

Assuming the average DC driver is 31v (24-38v), from this number could calculate the resistors? or I need a DC transformer, if so what kind of transformer would need?

The truth is that, I have a very low level of knowledge of electricity, therefore I apologize.

Last edited by a moderator: