CORGI is going!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetheglitz

Electrician
Reaction score
For all the confusion the electrics industry has had with our part P providers (NICEIC, NAPIT,ELECSA, ECA etc) I have envied the gas installers with a body that is universally accepted and even named after the queens dogs! Now some pathetic marketing bloke (or comittee) has decided to re-brand! Complete re-organisation in March!

Snickers, Aviva, Zavvi, British Aerospace and now CORGI! Sad!

Still -puts us on a more even footing with the Gas blokes now that everyone is confused!

capita, lol...

god knows whats going to happen. i cant renew my corgi and it runs out in 8 weeks ...

oh dear . :)

i have been on a trainign course all week and even the governing bodies dont know whats happening yet.

It seems that they don't know as it's not on their website - think it's going to be National Register of Gas Installers or something like.

Can't help feeling this is because Corgi diecast models have the monopoly on Corgi named websites! (Gas is Trustcorgi.com)

We need to rebrand

National Association of Competent Knowledgable Electricians with a Registered Electrical Diploma

NACKERED!

nope corgi is dead in the water.

they still want us to pay 8 pound a month for the magazine.. :)

we will all be gas safe engineers in 8 weeks time and have to have the yellow logos on our vehicles.

seriously no one knows and there is no one to email or talk to ..

it s the customer i feel sorry for they have only just got used to the corgi logo.. and back up service..

i seriously dont care anymore .. hehe ..

apparently corgi is a non prophit organisation.. hahah

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahah omg hahahahahahahahha hhohohohohohoh....

oh my sides are splitting.....

It seems that they don't know as it's not on their website - think it's going to be National Register of Gas Installers or something like. Can't help feeling this is because Corgi diecast models have the monopoly on Corgi named websites! (Gas is Trustcorgi.com)

We need to rebrand

National Association of Competent Knowledgable Electricians with a Registered Electrical Diploma

NACKERED!
Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

Guiness DrinkGuiness Drink

:^O :^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O

nice one Mr TheGlitz!!! :x

For all the confusion the electrics industry has had with our part P providers (NICEIC, NAPIT,ELECSA, ECA etc) I have envied the gas installers with a body that is universally accepted and even named after the queens dogs! Now some pathetic marketing bloke (or comittee) has decided to re-brand! Complete re-organisation in March!Snickers, Aviva, Zavvi, British Aerospace and now CORGI! Sad!

Still -puts us on a more even footing with the Gas blokes now that everyone is confused!
Nothing to do with a marketing bloke it was the HSE who decided to end CORGI's control of gas installations and give it to a new body.

maybe leave it as it is and avoid the confusion in the first place!And since its due out on april 1st, do you think thats when they will announce that it was really a joke all along
I think it is wrong that if you work on boilers you have to belong to corgi. I think there should be a choice like the part p providers. It would get costs down if there was competition. I am suprised government has allowed this to happen with monopolies commision.

Batty

I think it is wrong that if you work on boilers you have to belong to corgi. I think there should be a choice like the part p providers. It would get costs down if there was competition. I am suprised government has allowed this to happen with monopolies commision.Batty
there should be choice available. at least sparkys have a choice, even tho NIC think there the only choice. if they are gonna try and bring in another provider, they should also keep corgi.

but that way they wouldnt make as much as they would by changing it from one to another, with no option