Interesting C2

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UNG

Reaction score
So I was asked to review a recent EICR at one of the wholesalers I deal with and found a consumer unit which was given 2 C2's

1729331681172.png

It looks like the tester missed something in his observations as I doubt this CU is potentially dangerous as it is missing something

Not securely fixed and the top of the board did not meet IP4X
The issue is it is not potentially dangerous as there is something missing from the henley blocks above the CU

No supply to CU ?
Correct from what I can see it was an E7 board many moons ago that is no longer used
The EICR was done by the I&T arm of a large insurance company the number of things they have missed having had a walk around the stores, trade counter and office is surprising along with the misreporting of a number of items

wonder if the report has test results inc Zs of all circuits and Zdb?
No it doesn't in some cases Zs is shown but no Zdb
The list of limitations and operational limitations covers half an A4 page and IMO some are not valid

Is there a schedule of test results for the above board 😉
They did an IR on one circuit but the result looks suspect with a test voltage of 250v and >999MΩ when other 250v IR tests on another board are showing >500MΩ