Corner fitting fluorescents coving

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electrocuted

Reaction score
Good evening,

A customer has a cafe and wants fluorescents lights that fit in the ceiling where the coving usually goes if that makes any sense. I havent seen them but you never know?

the other thing ,where can you get blue fluorescent lights?

thanks for help.

You do get non UV blue phosphor tubes, or you can also get sleeves that take a strip of theatre gel so you can have any colour you like. You can also just tape a strip of gel round a tube.

Blue in a restaurant???????

There are a range of strip lighting fittings designed for the modern T4 and T5 style tubes that plug end to end.

For low level architectural illumination you might even consider a length of flexible blue LED tubelight. It lays in like cable and only consumes about 4W a metre.

would the diners not end up with a tan if you use UV tubes? ?:| ? :|

Guiness Drink

Knowing bigclive and his experiments he probably will make some coving to light up!

My controllers are certainly used in this style of installation. People tend to use them with commercial RGB strips.

I am looking at all types of lighting for a church re-wire I am doing.

I thought of some cornice uplighters but will have to see how much the church will pay.

i would go for the big fat candles thats the usuall look they are after . ;0