cowboy builders channel 5

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet her threepenny bits cost more than a rewire.

Yes Steps, After rubbing horse manure on them, twice daily. :)

Was going to start a thread on this after watching the programme. The electrician seemed pretty clueless to me. It seemed he was saying that bare twin and earth was dangerous to the light. Although i agree that it should of been the rubber flex how many of us actually use it? It came out of the house probably less than 3 inches!

Pattress had a hole in the side but wasn't dangerous. The switch was close to the sink but i've done kitchens where it is impossible to not have a switch spur or socket close to the sink as there is no other room.

You have to remember that the TV companies / presenters will ask loaded questions when they are recording and then edit them together to make it look like you have said those things without prompting.

You have to remember that the TV companies / presenters will ask loaded questions when they are recording and then edit them together to make it look like you have said those things without prompting.
Have we strayed on to the subject of those Party Political Broadcasts here Noz ?

You've got the wrong program here, you'll be wanting 'Rouge Traders' ]:)
:^O :Applaud

300m :eek: :O:O Do you live in a castle ?
Reminds me of a recent telephone conversation where a friend asked me to buy him 9 miles of tile border.

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
And the 300mm is only a recommendation from the NIC based on requirement for all equipment to be installed suitable for environment.

No regulation exists for minimum distance from sinks - not even bathroom sinks despite what it shows on Bathroom light fitting boxes.

in a bathroom you are now allowed sockets as long as it is 3m away from any source of water and protected by RCD.. so how can you state that there is no reg for this distance...

matt,

IIRC the reg is 3m from the fixed bath or shower outlet.

Don't have brb to hand, and the reg is not overly clear whether it is the waste outlet as I suggest here or teh taps.

in a bathroom you are now allowed sockets as long as it is 3m away from any source of water and protected by RCD.. so how can you state that there is no reg for this distance...
the clue is in the title

701 'locations containing a bath or shower'

does not state sink

further to that, 705.512.3 states socket outlets prohibited within 3m horizontally from boundy of zone 1

a sink does not have zones