Creda storage heater 79368/TSR 24C

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick de-ath

Reaction score
Creda storage heater Model number 79368/TSR 24C

Hi gents, a bit of guidance please.

My daughters heater doesn't heat!

Read some of you posts re storage heaters, took the cover off and had a look. Found input thermostat open circuit with occasional continuity when the "bluish" terminal was wiggled. (very technical) So new thermostat required.

Read the comments about thermal link and this one does have continuity but it is somewhat black so thought I would replace it. Problem is the spares site I have been looking at refers to the links being either red or blue, any ideas which one I should order?

Thanks and regards Nick

Red, Blue or Yellow link refers to spot of colour on the end of the solder link.

If its still in one piece then its OK.

If input stat is suspect clean up connections and try warming sensor tube end at bottom of heater with a hair dryer to see if it operates.

Welcome to the forum Nick, if you are reading this you have no doubt found that I have moved your thread into our Central Heating & Storage heaters sub forum.

Doc H.

Just to say a thank you for your tips. New thermostat and thermal link fitted all working OK.

This company may be of use to some of you.

http://www.storageheater.co.uk/default.htm

I thought they gave good service and easy to use website.

Parts ordered Tuesday afternoon (too late to dispatch that day), arrived Friday,fitted Saturday, heat on Sunday!

Thanks again

Nick