Crossed the border

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So over the years I’ve heard and seen people complaining in the Englandshire region of people becoming “electricians” from 5 week courses etc. etc.

Now being form North of the border in sunny Scotland, I’ve always looked over the fence and thought god I’m glad we don’t have that up here…maybe we do and I have just never been aware 🤷🏻‍♂️

However, sitting watching Saturday morning drivel on the tv, up popped an advert for the Energy Technical Academy. So I thought I’d go onto their website and see what they were going on about and here I found I can become a fully qualified electrician for £7000 with no prior experience and no employer backing and not only that it’s SQA approved training 🤔 how is this even possible?! I always thought us Scot’s took pride in the face that there was only one way to become an electrician and that was an apprenticeship and none of this Englandshire boil in the bag spark 🤦🏻‍♂️

Maybe this has always been a thing in Scotland

https://www.energytechnicalacademy.co.uk/electrical-training-and-certification-courses-in-scotland/

You can also become a gas engineer and hvac installer among other things haha