CSCS cards

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone know of centres. needing cscs for a few mates asap

found some but wanting to charge

Sorry to butt in on your thread lee but I've got an ecs card . Is this the same as cscs and can I get on site with this. Cheers

matty your ecs is as good(infact better) as cscs and will be accepted as being cscs qualified

It's not the same as CSCS, but it is affiliated to CSCS. The Electrotechnical Certification Scheme is specific to electrotechnical occupations and as such is the card that those working in the sector should posess.

i have CSCS

Basic site skills dont need anything else

Agencies that use me know may quals and when i go on site i am well capable of doing the job

you get your ecs test passed which lasts for 2 yrs. so from the date of passing you can get on sites with the ecs certificate showing you've passed.

then just as its coming up to expire apply for your jib card. as you have a valid ecs cert the jib card is issued with ecs (cscs affliated) pass on it which lasts for another 3 years ;)

just like you must have done with a car mot due to expire in 2 weeks but you can still get 1 years road tax with it :)

The summer 10 IET WIRING MATTERS magazine has an article on the "ECS and You" Pg 18. explains all about them.

Latest posts