CSCS cards

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D ;)

just read that. nothings changed from what i can see other than they say the look of the card will be different but from the example its a spot the difference exercise :|

i have CSCS
Basic site skills dont need anything else
I went to a new build site (persimmons I think) for a days work to help a 'mate' out, the site agent came out to inspect everyones cscs cards, the 'electrician' had one, but a basic skills one, so the agent BANNED him from wiring anything lol :D

However the apprentice had a ECS card so he let HIM wire the house!

Crazy.

To make it worse I don't have either, but I do have a Part P Elecsa card... "wad da **** is this?" said the red tape moron :D I told him it was better than either of the other cards and to go check the LABC competent person website. :red card

He walked away muttering but never came back so I assume someone higher up put him straight. :Applaud

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
So every worker on that site has to have card then ? Chippys , painters, drainlayers,plasterers?

It sounds like some foriegn country with state control of the working classes gone mad ...... or Orwell's 1984 .................... oh silly me ..... this is Britain 2010 !!

It totally confirmed for me why I don't do site work anymore.

Apart from hard hats (which you aren't allowed to take off to wipe sweat away unless you are in a no hard hat area :_| ) and yes you had to wear them even if you were in a house with carpets and curtains, hi-vis & boots, other requirements were long sleeves, no shorts, no radios, no parking outside the house you were working in... this is all after *induction* before you are allowed on site you have to watch a H & S video and become aquainted with the gathering points in case of fire etc. headbang

rules for rules sake even had someone else (safety officer) whose only job was to try and kick you off site for misdemeanors, even had red and yellow cards lol ROTFWL like a naughty schoolboys yard

One day and
default_good%20luck.gif
& :good night: lol

So every worker on that site has to have card then ? Chippys , painters, drainlayers,plasterers?It sounds like some foriegn country with state control of the working classes gone mad ...... or Orwell's 1984 .................... oh silly me ..... this is Britain 2010 !!
yep everyone. just a money scam

If you apply for the ECS card, they send you a book with all the possible questions and answers.

If you apply for the ECS card, they send you a book with all the possible questions and answers.
CSCSthey want you to pay for it now headbang

rant apologies

Do you not have the book sent to you when you did your ECS test?

As far as I'm aware, it is only section 10 that is different from the CSCS test.

rules for rules sake even had someone else (safety officer) whose only job was to try and kick you off site for misdemeanors, even had red and yellow cards lol ROTFWL like a naughty schoolboys yard

i got lots of stories of guys being red carded ,,,laughed so much at one of them i almost got carded myself

my father-in-law used to be a site manager who used to oversee the induction. video,, form filling etc

he noticed one day that the foreigners couldnt fill the form nor answer any questions as the couldnt read/write or speak english.

So he kicked the off site 'as a risk to health and safety'

pooh hit the fan from his bosses and so he called H+S

job done

i have been on sites recently where they do not have foreign workers.....

unreliable and a risk

does it matter when you apply for your ecs card i have passed level 2 2330 & activly looking for work in the trade but need the card to start or do you need to complete level 3 before you can apply for the card ?

dem get the ecs done because you may get offered work to start straight away.

you cannot get on building sites without it.

the ECS is not a card but a certificate. it lasts for 2 yrs.

so once you have it you have 2 years to use it to gain access to sites. then before it runs out apply for your JIB card. as the ecs is still in date it will be added to your JIB card which you can now use for another 3 years to gain access to sites;)

Latest posts