CSCS or ECS Card? :|

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThomasAnderton

Reaction score
Hi, I am a student on the level 3 2330 cousre at college and I am getting confused about the diffrence between a CSCS card and an ECS card, all I want to do is get onto building sites because I am due to start my apprencship soon, all I know is the ECS card cost twice as much and takes 6 weeks?

If I get a CSCS card will it allow me to work as an electrical apprentice onsite?

cscs card should allow you to work on site. ECS is cscs affiliated. the test only takes half an hour and costs about

It is possible that they will not allow you to carry out electrical work on site if you do not have an ECS card.

Hi, I am a student on the level 3 2330 cousre at college and I am getting confused about the diffrence between a CSCS card and an ECS card, all I want to do is get onto building sites because I am due to start my apprencship soon, all I know is the ECS card cost twice as much and takes 6 weeks?If I get a CSCS card will it allow me to work as an electrical apprentice onsite?
Yes

If you are doing an Apprenticeship then you should get an Apprentice ECS card. If your Apprenticeship is on the JIB Apprentice Training Scheme then your JIB card will carry the endorsement "JIB Registered".

I've never held a standard CSCS card, but a "JIB Registered" Apprentice ECS card, then a Gold Electrician card and then Gold Approved Electrician cards.

I don't think there is much merit in a non-ECS card to be honest. ECS (administered by the JIB) is specific to electrical work.