Demand for Solar PV installations

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meady

Reaction score
I'm currently looking at solar PV courses and mcs accreditation schemes at the moment. With the training and mcs registration for the first year it works out about

I was speaking to a Solar PV installer recently, he said that there is a big demand just now due to the government incentive of the Feed In Tarrif, which is 41.3p for every unit generated plus 3p for every unit exported. This rate once you have it, is now set for the next 20 years (no sure on that one) I also think it is indexed link. This rate is only on offer until April 2011 after that it drops by 10% or so.

Type in Feed In Tarrif into goggle, you will find some good tables of the different rates and why it is popular just now.

PS I am booked to get my solar install done in March.

I was speaking to a Solar PV installer recently, he said that there is a big demand just now due to the government incentive of the Feed In Tarrif, which is 41.3p for every unit generated plus 3p for every unit exported. This rate once you have it, is now set for the next 20 years (no sure on that one) I also think it is indexed link. This rate is only on offer until April 2011 after that it drops by 10% or so.Type in Feed In Tarrif into goggle, you will find some good tables of the different rates and why it is popular just now.

PS I am booked to get my solar install done in March.
Thanks for the info. With the fossil fuel prices going up and government incentives I can't really see a lack of demand but because it's alot of money to get set up and mcs accredited I'm always wary. Out of interest what qualifications wil you get upon completion?