Did I miss something ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who are Electrical Safety First ?  

They are revisiting the proposal of a scheme  for regisered contractors to legally pull domestic cut-out fuses .  I wish them well with that although its worth a try .

Most people have not heard of them but it is the new re-branded name for the Electrical Safety Council

Who are Electrical Safety First ?  

They are revisiting the proposal of a scheme  for regisered contractors to legally pull domestic cut-out fuses .  I wish them well with that although its worth a try .

Another scheme....

like what maneater said but it's just a name they are trading under, they are still registered under the name electrical safety first a part of the niceic group which is part of the certsure group which is part of the acertiva group.

confusing???

Sounds like a tax dodge to me.

The thing is in multi occupancy buildings (in London) it already seems to be the norm? 

Ryefield boards?

No one wants to touch them with a barge pole if you cant find the BNO. 

but you already know that!  ;)

Electrical safety first is the new trading name of the elctrical safety council.

they are an independent charity, but if you read their financial end of year reports around 75% of their money comes directly from Certsure. So it's fair to say they are pretty much under the exclusive control of the great and glorious niceic 

You're right there Murdo ,  it would be a good thing to push through but, as we have seen,  the various schemes don't like to work together .  So,  another ten years of no action and ilegal interference with network equipment I suppose ...............should have been sorted years ago but the nationalised power networks thought they were the gods of power ..........   some of the guys with our midland network certainly did.

Amazingly we are capable of pulling fuses and we don't need to go on a course ( 'Cos that'll the next thing) 

Switch off the load.

Cut seals

Pull fuse

Remove HRC fuse from carrier

Refit empty carrier to cover live terminal.

You're right there Murdo ,  it would be a good thing to push through but, as we have seen,  the various schemes don't like to work together .  So,  another ten years of no action and ilegal interference with network equipment I suppose ...............should have been sorted years ago but the nationalised power networks thought they were the gods of power ..........   some of the guys with our midland network certainly did.

Amazingly we are capable of pulling fuses and we don't need to go on a course ( 'Cos that'll the next thing) 

Switch off the load.

Cut seals

Pull fuse

Remove HRC fuse from carrier

Refit empty carrier to cover live terminal.

and when you've finished fit new seal bought off flea bay

I'm not confident in the removal of fuses in ALL DNO equipment.

ISCO, Revo and old Lucy heads give me the willies.

I suppose it would be an addition to your scheme membership or a 1 day course, there also has to be  something in it for the DNO.

If only they bothered to fit isolators to meters....