Disapointed to hear

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disapointed to hear that the 1000 plus jobs created at Jaguar/Land Rover are all agency workers , low rates , not what you'd call a permanent position TBH , wonder how many are from the indiginous population ? :coat

Got a link to further info Ev?

It's been common for decades for many engineers in the auto industry to be 'contractors'. Many contractors stay on projects as long as perm staff. When I was at LR and Jag

Deke,

I doubt that the line workers will be on that, the design and project engineering staff perhaps, though those will be Ltd. Co. & IR35 probably on

Due to a change in the law agency workers will now get paid the same as their employed co workers for that role, this change only came in a few weeks ago and has a big impact on a work places I know where they relied heavily on agency staff.

has a big impact on a work places I know where they relied heavily on agency staff.
rather than meet with the new legislation you'd do

11.5 weeks on then,

6 weeks somewhere else,

then they can come back to the 1st job for another 11.5 weeks,

What will happen with JLR is the UK plants will make cars for europe & a new plant will be established mostly likley in India to serve Aisa, its gobal market in the UK its too expensive to employ. Under Tata they appear to be doing rather well

They could but i cant see if happening in most places, you have done a job for years then the agency says they are taking you away for 6 weeks? who would cover this? would the employer put up with loosing its agency staff intermittently, far from saving money this would damage business.