DIY Powerwall

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Minchin

Reaction score
Has anyone built or considering building a DIY ac coupled battery power system and wish to compare notes?
Mine is on the back of an envelope at the moment. Lithium iron phosphate battery pack, management system and a commercial inverter charger (in order to get grid tie approval)

I have built the seplos 14kw Mason Battery diy unit and linked to solis rai-3k-48es-5g inverter ac coupled and results have been very good we have solar when the sun is able to. Produce for charging battery back up by low sun days means a charge from. Grid on cheap overnight rate

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240828_195128_com.ginlongsolis.jpg
    Screenshot_20240828_195128_com.ginlongsolis.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 0
I have built the seplos 14kw Mason Battery diy unit and linked to solis rai-3k-48es-5g inverter ac coupled and results have been very good we have solar when the sun is able to. Produce for charging battery back up by low sun days means a charge from. Grid on cheap overnight rate
Ive just this minute ordered the same battery kit minus cells from Ali-Express.
Going to Fogstar for the cells as I dont trust the chinese to deliver genuine A grade. Be too late when I find out they are not up to scratch!
Think im going for the Victron multiplus. It’s expensive but their stuff is very well built and ive used them before at work. 🤞

Ive just this minute ordered the same battery kit minus cells from Ali-Express.
Going to Fogstar for the cells as I dont trust the chinese to deliver genuine A grade. Be too late when I find out they are not up to scratch!
Think im going for the Victron multiplus. It’s expensive but their stuff is very well built and ive used them before at work. 🤞
I have installed 2x solis inverters already for myself a customer with seplos Mason batteries and they've worked brilliantly I am also installing one for my aunt aswell next week same size bartery