Dno Question

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on I no it's wrong. But how many folk's have been injured or killed because of this ?. I've seen far worse, and I'm sure many more have. Get over it and move on. Until things change, why worrie. Simply coz it will happen for many years to come. Sorry to be negative

No, But when some one like my self come's in and put's things right. And then a p****** come's and ****'s it up, im no hero. But do try

Sorry im on about electrical work in general, no one seem's to care because of pricing. So if its safe, that's good enough.

I don't condone it but it's the world we live in

samson,

Would you be happy if those "meter tails" were flat twin with the sheath stripped back that far outside a JB in an area accessible by the general public?

No. But as its there side all you can do is report it, And move on. Are any of the occupants in the domestic house in any danger of imediated shock risk?.

No. But as its there side all you can do is report it, And move on. Are any of the occupants in the domestic house in any danger of imediated shock risk?.
OK lets be really pedantic: You mentioned pricing.............how much to add a couple of cheap seals to that new fuse? And how long......2 minutes tops? Those fuses are dead easy to pull out like that. I'm thinking little fingers etc.

Is it dangerous? Again, playing Devil's Advocate.......that sheath should have been taken right up to the cut out NOT cut back by nearly 2". No need whatsoever, might has well have removed the sheath for the whole length or left the singularly insulated old tails in. OK, not quite that bad but I don't think I'm being too fussy. I can maybe see the case for cutting all grey sheaths back a tad so you can see if it's blue/brown but not this. Say you have something in that cupboard leaning / rubbing for years against that insulation. Having the sheath too would give that little bit of added protection. Add to all this that the new head is screwed on slightly pi$$ed and that I had to nip up the screws on the earth block and add seals - makes a mockery of not being allowed to touch "their" side.

The whole reason they were in is because the cut out position was so vulnerable to damage by hoovers, pushchairs, camping gear or whatever other domestic paraphernalia got shoved in over the years. It's all getting boxed in now and the meter man can get down on his hands and knees!