Do all areas get these?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being of a certain age I received my renewed bus pass this morning .   I can travel free on buses & trains within the West Midlands  as far as I know .   Never actually used it TBH . 

Oh and I can drive my sheep through the Bull Ring to market. 

why would you want to go to the bullring?! down that way usually got to take an extra person to stay with the van / drive it around so it doesnt get a parking ticket

Doesn’t it allow free bus travel anywhere? 
No Mate   , it works between 9.30 --23.59   Mon to Fri   and all day weekends  .

1)  Local trains  in the Blue zone  .  

2)  Metro .

3)  Buses. 

Applicable area is  Birmingham ,Coventry, Dudley, West Brom,  Solihull, Walsall, Wolverhampton . 

No Mate   , it works between 9.30 --23.59   Mon to Fri   and all day weekends  .

1)  Local trains  in the Blue zone  .  

2)  Metro .

3)  Buses. 

Applicable area is  Birmingham ,Coventry, Dudley, West Brom,  Solihull, Walsall, Wolverhampton . 
So a bus pass is of no use if you travel to see family or the like then, so what’s the point in it? Is it to keep pensioners within confined areas, yet we let others roam free, odd as pensioners by the very nature have probably contributed more to the economic purse than others???

Yes you can travel to family etc  as long as its in the Midlands  and not before 9.30   , so not in the  morning rush hour.  

I guess you could pay to get somewhere early morning   & travel back free.