Does This Exist- Dual Tech Outdoor Sensor For Lighting?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

430Wedge

Reaction score
I'm looking for a movement sensor to switch a floodlight along the side of a house in which a door and window are located. However, there are some heat sources (CH boiler vent, extractor fan and possible neighbours CH boiler vent) which may give false triggers, so I cant use a PIR. Is it possible to get a dual tech sensor for external use, incorporating a light sensor for dusk to dawn operation only?  

Wired would be preferable. Looked at active IR, but it was getting complex and expensive, particularly as it would be difficult to get power to the receiver.

With all that you have mentioned going on, and wind I think a duel technology device would not be suitable, they do exist but are not cheap, and those that I have seen are not for UK use.

You would be better off with as you mentioned a set of A.I.R beams (You could run the cable along the wall to the receiver) you can get a set for less than £40, but then again, they do not have a daylight sensor and would require a power supply and timer etc to achieve your desired result. (You could use a small intruder alarm panel to do this, and add a daylight sensor, but it all adds to the total cost)

You could try using an external P.I.R. and mask some of it off, but it will be a case of hit and miss.

Why not have some LED lights on a dusk to dawn light sensor, they will cost very little to run.