dol starters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanm1122

Reaction score
hi, its been a few years since i was at college and i havent touched one since, but can anyone talk me through dol starters and their wiring diagrams as i think this is one of the practical tests i must undertake for my skills application to emigrate to australia? :|

Welcome to the forum.

Don't forget to visit us, on here - when you emigrate to Australia, Mate.

Good Luck with that, by the way.

Is This, Any good for you Alan?

thats amazing, thanks for such a swift response. will trawl my way through the diagrams you kindly sent. im not looking fwd to the test. dont know what they will throw at me. thanks again.

Having visited Australia, I'd love to move out that way..

Sadly, circumstances don't make it possible......

:_| :_|

Or do something naughty and get sent there on a convict ship ????? thats how it was originally done u know ,no 18 to 30 crap just do someone in and hey presto vacation in the sun ,wooohooooo

hi

the secret here is that the contactor coil is switched/disconnected by various

switches.....

all the stop/overload ones are in series, the main start one is wired in series also

all other remote starts are wired in parallel...

the terminal numberings on them diagrams is international so if you replace a component in a unit you literally connect it the way it was before and it should work- no matter what it physically looks like-a lot of sparks don't realiz:Oe this and fall apart at replacement time when a load of conductors fall out on cover removal!

Latest posts