Dont be like Tony

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I often wonder what if.  What if the decision was made not to go to war?  What if WMDs were used?  What if millions of people died from these WMDs?  

Hind sight is a wonderful thing.  We can sit here now and cast judgement on what we know now to be true.  Yes mistakes were made but the tide of history could have been so much different if WMDs were used.  

There is evidence that the WMDs were shipped to Syria just before the war.  This was accepted by the Iraqi government and all media outlets chose not to print it.  

It is a very difficult situation and in all honesty we will never know what really would have happened if we chose not to go to war.  

The most important thing here is we never make a mistake like this again.  

What are you talking about? We had no business being over there in the first place weapons or not. At what point did we come under threat by Iraq? If we should've gone then that was a decision for nato not a war mongering president over the pond. 

As history shows from Thatcher onwards we have always had a prime minister that cuddled up to the yanks president. 

Its about time that we kept our nose out of everybodies business and concentrated on our own sorry affairs. 

Typical hypocracy we are allowed WMD's but no one else is? And we preach democracy!!

Blair was nothing but a slimy politician out for himself. 

I'll start by saying the war was wrong. For a start they hadn't allowed the UN weapons inspectors time to do their job.

BUT the overwhelming message I get from Chilcot is it was the INTELLIGENCE that was wrong. I don't see names being named or heads rolling or THEM being called war criminals.

Yes TB did many things wrong but his "defence" was he believed the intelligence. 

Sorry guys, even if it is a damning report, there is a LOT that it didn't say, particularly to who and where the failings with the intelligence were and who (if anyone) conspired to create false intelligence.

No mention of the "sexing up" of the "dodgy dossier" 

Last edited by a moderator:
I often wonder what if.  What if the decision was made not to go to war?  What if WMDs were used?  What if millions of people died from these WMDs?  

Hind sight is a wonderful thing.  We can sit here now and cast judgement on what we know now to be true.  Yes mistakes were made but the tide of history could have been so much different if WMDs were used.  

There is evidence that the WMDs were shipped to Syria just before the war.  This was accepted by the Iraqi government and all media outlets chose not to print it.  

It is a very difficult situation and in all honesty we will never know what really would have happened if we chose not to go to war.  

The most important thing here is we never make a mistake like this again.  
USA has one of the biggest arsenals of WMD only reason they invaded was oil

or more importantly the threat to USA supporting countries who have oil from Saddam.

Failure to plan for the 'peace' was the big mistake, in particular it wasn't clever to destroy the basic infrastructure, like electric supplies, and no-one seems to have considered what lifting the lid on sectarianism would do..

Latest posts