Download Day at Kerrang!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PC Electrics

Reaction score
Going to Download Day at Kerrang! Radio on Monday:

Download Day - Live @ Kerrang! | Kerrang! Radio - 105.2 FM, Freeview & DAB

Won two places today on the radio. Got to talk to the lovely Kate Lawler. Am taking my youngest lad (12yrs). It's his turn 'cos I took his older brother to see:

Deep Purple

Holy Bones (my appy's band)

Michael Schenker.

Kate says I must be a cool Dad!!

At the event on Monday, all entrants get a free raffle ticket with four chances to win full weekend camping tickets to Download for 8 people!! Fingers crossed Rock fans!

Jammy so and so!

Well done, I've taken to listening to Planet Rock on DAB in the new van, or Real Radio XS, catching up on some tunes & bands I have not heard in years!!!

I was at Monsters of Rock ''84 !!!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:20 ----------

Jammy so and so!Well done, I've taken to listening to Planet Rock on DAB in the new van, or Real Radio XS, catching up on some tunes & bands I have not heard in years!!!
Yea, Kerrang and Planet Rock have renewed my interest in Rock, both Classic and New.

This is the second time I've won on Kerrang! Won tickets to Kings of Leon Nov 2010.

Must admit I listen to Planet Rock most (on my Makita site radio mostly - the DAB one). Usually rockin' the place out, wherever we are.

Went to see Michael Schenker at Wolves Civic couple weeks ago. Didn't realise how "imtimate" the venue was, so I wish I'd taken my signed copy of the Scorps Blackout album to try and get Hermans signature on it (the only one missing on the copy). They played Blackout too. Francis and Herman were clearly enjoying being back on stage playing their tunes. And Michael was both sober and on top form!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:26 ----------

Live: Michael Schenker’s Temple of Rock – Wolverhampton Wulfrun Hall – 09/05/2012 | Baconmusic

My site radio is analogue, but does charge the batteries, Bosch one.

I am gutted that mine is not digital, but, it does have an input, both usb & phono!

May be looking deeper into this. ;)

My site radio is analogue, but does charge the batteries, Bosch one.I am gutted that mine is not digital, but, it does have an input, both usb & phono!

May be looking deeper into this. ;)
Try a Pure Highway, I use one in my car, but it'l run off 2x AAs. And if you use the headphones out it uses the headphone lead as the aerial.

i would love to go to download festival to see black sabbath etc but it sooo expensive.

over the past 2 years i been to see Joe Satriani, Jeff Beck, A41 (a mates band)

but the 1 thing i can honestly say i am proud and loud about is being at wembley 1991 watching queen! sitting on me dads shoulders singing along! i am a big queen fan!

as sad as it sounds i also want to go and see lady gaga aswell!

on the 14th june me and streety are also off to see The Drills - Ft Phil X (played with bon jovi etc) at the Dry Bar in manchester

My wife seriously wanted to see Queen at Wembly and I talked her out of it, saying we can see them when they tour near us, needless to say Freddie did not last that long so now I am made to suffer almost everyday for letting her down. (and myself if truth be known).

I think metalica are appearing aswell. Was listening to kerrang last weekend.

I think metalica are appearing aswell. Was listening to kerrang last weekend.
Yes they are, the last time they were at Download they did the Black Album from start to finish. The year before Lars did not turn up, and the night was filled with some excellent stand in guest drummers. I was there both times.

My wife seriously wanted to see Queen at Wembly and I talked her out of it, saying we can see them when they tour near us, needless to say Freddie did not last that long so now I am made to suffer almost everyday for letting her down. (and myself if truth be known).
On the Magic Tour M?

IIRC it was, and I WOZ THERE!!!

I went to see Quo, they were rubbish.

I walked out a die hard Queen fan.

The current Mrs SW & I went together with a few mates, what a day!!!

Awesome.

Jammy so and so!Well done, I've taken to listening to Planet Rock on DAB in the new van, or Real Radio XS, catching up on some tunes & bands I have not heard in years!!!
my station of choice, analogue up here, they are based in Salford, :D

used to be plain old rock radio, my missus even knows Sweeney, :| and yes, dewsbury is about 7' , Ive met him a few times.......

Ah, my old patch. Was born in Davyhulme, moved to Timperley when I was 6 (parents still in same house just outside the village). Went to Salford Uni. Used to run a mobile disco when I was in 6th form, and was looking forward to doing some DJing at Uni, but the radio station closed the year I went ('83).

Must have seemed odd, a denim clad heavy rocker running a disco, but for some reason we were quite successful!

Ah, my old patch. Was born in Davyhulme, moved to Timperley when I was 6 (parents still in same house just outside the village). Went to Salford Uni. Used to run a mobile disco when I was in 6th form, and was looking forward to doing some DJing at Uni, but the radio station closed the year I went ('83).Must have seemed odd, a denim clad heavy rocker running a disco, but for some reason we were quite successful!
I was at Salford Uni 76-79, back in the day when there was a Tower Block complete with a Pater Nosta elevator [worked on a continuous loop, never stopping, no doors]

Useless bits of info...Pro VC used to be Duke of Edinburgh. On a visit they decided the river irwell looked mucky so they 'dyed it' blue, ended up purple due to an adverse chemical reaction. Scrap yard next to river had a concrete fence built around it so Phil the Greek was not offended; trouble was his car came in from Hospital end and he never got that far.

All the buildings were to be named 'Houses', Peel House etc Then they realised the engineering block would be Maxwell House' so they didn't bother.......................... :coat

Ah, my old patch. Was born in Davyhulme, moved to Timperley when I was 6 (parents still in same house just outside the village). Went to Salford Uni. Used to run a mobile disco when I was in 6th form, and was looking forward to doing some DJing at Uni, but the radio station closed the year I went ('83).Must have seemed odd, a denim clad heavy rocker running a disco, but for some reason we were quite successful!
you havent passed my details on to anyone have you?

apparently Ive had a recommendation from someone on here, and the person has called me the other night, still waiting for them to get back to me though, their present PIR is comical,.

Tower block was still there when I was, but it has gone now. I was shocked a few years ago when I went back and saw the campus surrounded by a high steel fence.

Engineering was in Newton Building when I was there.

Halls of Res is houses now too.

I lived in Horlock Court on Campus 85 to 87

Remember seeing Gary Glitter and Slade in Maxwell Hall. The latter were LOUD!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I'm really feeling old. :(

I went to both the Weeley Pop Festival in 1971 and the Lincoln Pop Festival in 1972. Maggie Bells' performance at Lincoln was absolutely incredible considering her boyfriend had been electrocuted on stage about three weeks earlier.

One of my fondest memories. :x

I was in Davy Hall, D landing

Saw Blondie, Boomtown Rats and Ian Dury in the Students Union

Students Union Disco/bash on a Tuesday night, then off to the Merry Go Round in Broughton then a [if feeling flush] a Curry at the [bear with me it was nearly 40 years ago...] Blue Fountain at Ardwick????. Took a Physiotherapy Student from Salfort Tech there one night. Pulled up outside in my M reg MkII Capri and a bloke ran out, vomitted all over my bonnet, said sorry and went back in to finish his curry! Happy days... :coat

I was in Davy Hall, D landingSaw Blondie, Boomtown Rats and Ian Dury in the Students Union

Students Union Disco/bash on a Tuesday night, then off to the Merry Go Round in Broughton then a [if feeling flush] a Curry at the [bear with me it was nearly 40 years ago...] Blue Fountain at Ardwick????. Took a Physiotherapy Student from Salfort Tech there one night. Pulled up outside in my M reg MkII Capri and a bloke ran out, vomitted all over my bonnet, said sorry and went back in to finish his curry! Happy days... :coat
Sorry, was that your capri?