Dragons den

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I invented the snickers style trousers in 1975 but had no concept of them being used or marketed :_|

I had the idea from looking at the punk rock styles around at that time and how I could utilize all the pockets instead of wearing tool belts.

Where I did my apprenticeship, there was a tool maker who made some extending plates so we could first and second fix on one visit, these where 2" now about 50mm rectangular backing plates which we fitted to switches and sockets, in them days it was mostly single gang.

So they have all been done before and used for many years in the industry.

I did not see any sort of sleeving used on the cable to stop injected cavity insulation bonding resin attacking the sheath!

Surely they should have covered this on the video, oh dear think I'll stick to rods

i tend to disconect the drill bit while it is still in the wall then tape the cable to the end of the drill and push the drill bit and cable through the wall. it is especially handy if you are drilling from the second floor and want the cable down the wall

i tend to disconect the drill bit while it is still in the wall then tape the cable to the end of the drill and push the drill bit and cable through the wall. it is especially handy if you are drilling from the second floor and want the cable down the wall
sometimes i find the problem with that is, unless cable to push through wall is strong (unlike alarm cable etc), once it gets so far through it gets stuck and need to be pulled out