earthing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woowoo

Reaction score
Hope someone can help I've got an earth to run up the side of a house in to the loft and down the other side, the customer doesn't want it to look unsightly what can I use, thanks

Internal run? Either through the ground floor or upstairs if groundfloor is concrete? Failing that PVC conduit

use conduit, it'll look like all the other water pipes.

Do it neat and keep all the spacing of the saddles equal throughout. That normally keeps the customer happy

Hope someone can help I've got an earth to run up the side of a house in to the loft and down the other side, the customer doesn't want it to look unsightly what can I use, thanks
Ask the customer before you go running conduit up the side of the house, some may not like it!

I think it was about 10 years back had a customer moan their head off about conduit on the outside wall..

They said it made the house look to "Industrial" or "Commercial Office" like.

Are the external walls rendered or painted?

Cuz once the wire is fitted (clipped or conduit) it could be painted to 'blend in' better.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:03 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:00 ----------

use conduit, it'll look like all the other water pipes.Do it neat and keep all the spacing of the saddles equal throughout. That normally keeps the customer happy
Not it they are square UPVC brown coloured it wont!

Or if they are painted blue to match the garage doors!

If it is a front wall facing the street, double check before fixing anything!

:(

I got to run some tails up the sideof a porch tomorrow for a new shower,,,,using the leccky boards white capping

all because the landlandy didnt want a new cu !!!!!