Ecs Cards

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funkygibbons

Reaction score
Hi people I'm looking for some advice or information regarding my ECS certificate which i would like to add that i have not sent off with passport pics so i can receive a ECS card.The reason i haven't sent it yet is I am going to ask my superviser to affiliate the form so i can have trainee electrician on my card now i know this is possible because a very nice lady from the JIB told me that because am a adult trainee who's been in the industry for years and studying 2 nights a week at night school that my employer can affiliate the ECS form, no you may ask well why dont i just ask my superviser to do it of course i will get him to fill it in but am asking is there any sparks mates out there who have done exactly this what i mean as your employer affiliated your ECS form so when you sent the form off you had trainee electrician on your card i must state i am self employed and the forms have sections for this status but with the knowledge, experience, and skills that i have i think i deserve something better on my card than labourer. If there's anyone with good information and ECS cards and college training i would really like to hear from you i have no city & guilds qualifications as were near completion of level 2 i no theres got to be something other than labourer i can have on my card please dont misunderstand i am not knocking labouring i done it for years before i became a mate its hard work but what i do is not labouring i do everything sparks do i except work on boards not that i cant i just dont have the paper work and i except rightly so that i am nothing till i have city & guilds 2 & 3 but with my experience and skills there must be something i can have on my card other than labouring. Sorry for going on a bit there but any help would be appreciated Thank you.

Because as i said in my message that there is a section on the form for self-employed operatives alls your doing is basically asking your employer at that time to affiliate this section by stating i am working in the industry and i am training to became an electrician. I'm just looking for someone who has ask there employer to do this and what it now states on there ECS card.

Follow what the JIB ECS need to secure a card, saying that i have been graded for many years, so its is best to have one.    Lately there  are a number of forged cards about without checks by site agents when you are inducted on site.  Its seems that having a card genuine or not, make no difference to working on site, the only prob is the safety of the install, and others working to a safe standard

This is it you see bob i consider myself and the electrical company's i have worked for to be very competent when 1st & 2nd fixing as I have over 10 years experience in the electrical Industry But putting that to One side I have seen first hand some of the work not only done by mates but sparks too i have noticed now a lot more company's are insisting on having this ECS card even though I got by installing with my cscs card for years, as I am studying at night school doing my 2356 then my level 3, I have to apply for this ECS.