ECTA "Self funding" Trainee Smart Meter Installer course?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right question in the wrong place!

If you guys were familiar with the Smart meter world you would know that most companies that train Smart Meter fitters take a percentage of your wage once qualified to pay back the cost of training. They also initially pay a lower wage and  write into your contract that you must work for the company that trained you for 2-3 years so that they get value from their investment. Either way you're paying for the training.

ECTA seem to be taking a different approach.

My main concern is shelling out a load of cash and then struggling academically. Remember, I have no electrical or Gas background and this will involve 13weeks of fairly intense study compared to the usual 20week college course leading to a "Level 2 Diploma in Smart Metering(Dual Fuel)"

That said, according to ECTA that has only happened once, funnily enough to an "electrical engineer" who struggled to get to grips with some of the "gas metering".

Correct Andy/Kerching, I am a Meter reader. Meter operative is what's written on my contract. Thought you lot would be a bit better bred!;-)

You were doing OK until you wrote this and now I see you are being critical about us 😕

@kerching You have forgotten definitions, remember these are mostly non electrically minded souls. 

so, Isolate they might think they have to do it when on their own with no one else around?
Good point BUT Boris has reduced social distancing to 1m so isolation may not be needed

strange that the Virus has been able to differentiate between Aldi and a Church up until now   Now they are both the same BUT don't sing in the Church. No mention of old single men whistling in supermarkets though

its a funny old world

Latest posts