egypt holiday

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any one been, i am looking to go but i hear mixed reviews.

thanks

it depends where your planning on going and what you like out of a holiday, i've heard in sharm and other areas theres not much beyond the hotels, which doesn't suit me as i prefer to go out and explore myself.

My gf's parents went and loved itCan't you explore yourself at home? ;)

Think KME went to Egypt...........
no the missus will see me!!

like i said, its what i've heard. im not into all inclusive type holidays.

looking at sharm yes i hear that its just sun and sand which put me off, but i would like to go diving or Snorkeling, it seems to be value for money. some put offs are

loads of russians in some resorts,

and being pesterd, and expected to tip every one for everthing, part of all inclusive is not having the hasle of carry money and everything paid in advance

dont mind were we go bout

Channel Islands. Wonderful place, my best holiday ever. Relaxing, history, friendly, clean.Or do you mean in Egypt? :Blushing
any were mate, girlfriend wants sun and nice beach close to hotel, good food, big pool, good food, no hassle off locals no big groups of russians or germans. or british chaves all for a good price.

to put it simply like all woman she wants everthing:D

any one know any islands i could buy for under

any were mate, girlfriend wants sun and nice beach close to hotel, good food, big pool, good food, no hassle off locals no big groups of russians or germans. or british chaves all for a good price.to put it simply like all woman she wants everthing:D

any one know any islands i could buy for under

i usually go to portugal for 2 weeks in august, can't recommend it enough, chilled, loads to do, good food. albufeira is the place.

Portugal all the way mate! The algarve between Faro & Villa Real....Fantastic;)

Not that I'm biased though.......My wife is Portuguese :innocent

SB

looking at sharm yes i hear that its just sun and sand which put me off
Not quite - "sand" is stretching the truth a bit........

, but i would like to go diving or Snorkeling, it seems to be value for money.
It is - as long as you choose the right area for what you want, and a decent hotel (see below)

some put offs are loads of russians in some resorts,
Depends on the hotel you choose, and some russians aren`t bad

and being pestered, and expected to tip every one for everthing, part of all inclusive is not having the hasle of carry money and everything paid in advance
You won`t get pestered in the hotel - a polite "no thanks" works very well - especially in arabic ;) . Tipping - your choice mate. We do - when the staff earn approx

kme superstar.

nice food

close beach

water park

not being pested

just rang the girlfriend and thats her list i know she asks a lot, she asks all the time

like i say would like to have a go at diving/snorkeling, and not a fan of clubbing

does it get boring being stuck in the resort, it must be good if you have been 9 times in 3 years

thanks mate

My recommendation would be "Sultan Gardens" at Nabq.

It`s not far from the airport, but don`t let that put you off. The owner (Basel) is half egyptian, half canadian - really nice guy. The staff, animation team etc, management ALL eat in the restaurant every day - stunning choice of food (and I`m really picky). If you let `em know you`re going, they`ll provide free transfers in the hotel`s minibus (often just the two of you on it.) House reef is amazing, and the beach area they have is massive.

Negatives:

1. Construction of new hotels nearby - TBH it doesn`t bother you.

2. Too far to walk to town or shopping areas - but taxi`s are plentiful. Golden rule: Agree the price before you get in. They`ll often do return trips, and you don`t pay until you return to the hotel.

If you or GF want further info, PM me with your email, and I`ll get Mrs. KME on the case. ;)

KME

My recommendation would be "Sultan Gardens" at Nabq.It`s not far from the airport, but don`t let that put you off. The owner (Basel) is half egyptian, half canadian - really nice guy. The staff, animation team etc, management ALL eat in the restaurant every day - stunning choice of food (and I`m really picky). If you let `em know you`re going, they`ll provide free transfers in the hotel`s minibus (often just the two of you on it.) House reef is amazing, and the beach area they have is massive.

Negatives:

1. Construction of new hotels nearby - TBH it doesn`t bother you.

2. Too far to walk to town or shopping areas - but taxi`s are plentiful. Golden rule: Agree the price before you get in. They`ll often do return trips, and you don`t pay until you return to the hotel.

If you or GF want further info, PM me with your email, and I`ll get Mrs. KME on the case. ;)

KME
oh no i sense a faulty towers type hotel coming on :^O :^O

Nah - we`ve got his email address - we drop him a note that we`re going, and we get an automatic room upgrade (3 room suite last time :eek: ), and he makes a point of "finding" you at some point in your holiday, to see if everything is ok.

If you want to try a bit of egyptian arabic, I`ll post some useful words / phrases on here for you - it makes a heck of an impression with the staff that you try to speak the native tongue -

KME

n.b. We have stayed at a number of other hotels, but that one is the best, IMO. If you want to see photos of the hotel, just let me know

any one been, i am looking to go but i hear mixed reviews.thanks
i know its a bit late and you've prob had your hols but a good place is one of the hotels in Taba Heights ie Marriot, Sofitell or Intercontinental. have been to the Marriot 4 times & Soffitel once, both have private beaches, great for snorkelling, especially around the jetty's. both do inclusive or half board. went earlier this year again. would recomend it. take a look on the net.

Latest posts