3pm

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of mine did, the other didn't. As i suspected the older one was too old to support this function. So a 5 year old phone is ancient unsupported technology.

Mine and the wife's did but the kids didn't and there phones are newer than mine. Not sure why, have checked the settings and there on to accept emergency messages etc.

I was down town and quite a few went off. As proDave points out, it is not a text message, which also means it will not show up in your received texts

So what’s the point of it if it is t reachable to everyone? Or are the govt paying out for everyone to receive an upgraded phone?

You watch first time it is needed and people suffer from not receiving the message/alert the ambulance chasers will be on it in a flash, compo claims everywhere.

Apparently my wife's worked but mine was turned off beforehand.
I was out in my workshop and the last thing I need is an alarm going off whilst I might be using a machine saw or whatever.

Mine didn't go off the phone is only a few months old and I checked all the settings a week or two ago and they were all on and just checked them again and they are still all on, so my conclusion is it didn't work and is an epic fail

Mine didn't go off the phone is only a few months old and I checked all the settings a week or two ago and they were all on and just checked them again and they are still all on, so my conclusion is it didn't work and is an epic fail
Are you on the three network by any chance? It seems none of those worked.

Mine went off while I was signing-in to visit my elderly dad who is in a care home....
Something buzzed, (and I think maybe also vibrated), I glanced at my screen and saw something..

But.. when I went to look back later on to see exactly what it said... I had no way to recall the message...

What is the point of an urgent emergency message that can disappear before you have chance to fully digest its content???

Mine went off while I was signing-in to visit my elderly dad who is in a care home....
Something buzzed, (and I think maybe also vibrated), I glanced at my screen and saw something..

But.. when I went to look back later on to see exactly what it said... I had no way to recall the message...

What is the point of an urgent emergency message that can disappear before you have chance to fully digest its content???
Go to settings > notifications, scroll to the bottom and you will find emergency alerts.

In that you can change settings and view all previous alerts so can read the message there.