landline number without the landline

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am pretty physical land-lines are going to disappear anyway in the not to distant future..??

Wasn't there some recent news item about BT/Open-Reach starting to phase-out copper cable phone lines.. (some complaints that elderly. non-internet uses would be left vulnerable)..
Yes, think the newspaper article I read said that the lanyard safety device BT (?/others) offered on subscription which could be used for calling assistance in case someone has a fall and can't get to the phone to call for help no longer works, despite assurances apparently being made to the govt by industry that these would continue to work if landlines were phased out.

I can confirm that phone lines are left in situ, but are "dead" If you still have a phone if you pick it up, its quiet for about 1 second, then you get the "unobtainable tone" (long continuous tone)

Yes, think the newspaper article I read said that the lanyard safety device BT (?/others) offered on subscription which could be used for calling assistance in case someone has a fall and can't get to the phone to call for help no longer works, despite assurances apparently being made to the govt by industry that these would continue to work if landlines were phased out.

My wife has a care link system,,, it’s recently been replaced as we’ve moved house… The new one uses the mobile networks…. If it cant connect on one it moves onto the next, and then the next, and so on…… it also has an inbuilt battery backup so should work in the event of a power cut

Latest posts