ELECSA Assesment passed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Fox

Reaction score
Had my assesment today, went through all the paperwork, and my job whichwas a new C/U in my own house. All cleared with no non conformities but had a few observations to sort for next time. The guy was really good and wanted me to pass. Coached me on some bits but kept asking questions to test my knowlegde while we were doing the testing and going through my job on various bits of the testing like what result I should be getting and if I got this then it would mean this etc etc and quite a bit about the regs.

Really pleased with it and can now crack on with a couple of jobs I've got lined up and hopefully start getting some more.!!

Welcome to the world of now being 'qualified' to work in houses
Thanks Andy, although this new world seems much like the old except I'm over 400 quid lighter!

Well done, Blue Fox. Applaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

Some of our more experienced sparks tend to see these assessments with a jaundiced eye for the very good reason that they HAVE the experience.

For the (relative) newcomer the fact that another experienced spark, who knows next to nothing about, you has had a chat with you, seen some of your work and quietly assessed your ability, and finally said, "You're OK, mate" should give you the confidence to continue.

A few years down the road and you will be one of those experienced sparks offering encouragement to the next person who is worrying about their first assessment.

Don't let anybody belittle your achievement, it's a job well done! You deserve a couple of Guiness DrinkGuiness Drink

What sort of questions did you get bud??? i got mine soon all info appreciated, cheers

its mostly 'how would you test Ze'. what would you expect the result to be etc. if your stuck on anything, you can look in regs/OSG. he doesnt expect you to know the answer to everything, but more that you know where to look. most will probably help you along if you cant remember something