Elecsa assessment date!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktguk

Reaction score
had my assessment date through today for near end of april morning visit, assessor is john rothwell anyone know of him and is he a morning person?? :pray

Dont know of him.....

Morning visit ??????

if he is sitting out there in his car at 8:30-9:00 invite him in for a coffee.......that goes down a treat !!!!!!

Good luck. Make sure you have all the doc's and info they require (as per the list they send you).

+1 on the documents. I couldn't find my calibration cert and had to find invoice for tester before he would sign me up. There really nice people who want yOu to pass. Don't worry about it and hope it goes well for ya. Cheers

+1 on the documents. I couldn't find my calibration cert and had to find invoice for tester before he would sign me up. There really nice people who want yOu to pass. Don't worry about it and hope it goes well for ya. Cheers
everyone seems to say that, not out to catch you out

Good luck with your assessment mate. I've got mine next week. I've been told by the others on here not to worry about it. Just make sure the kettles on when he arrives lol

Hi,

I've got mine in a fortnight, and already nervous!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:05 ----------

oh the assesser is Russell Prestidge.

Got my first assessment next tuesday with Anthony grabarz, Have done a few jobs since signing up, ( Was told i could notify once registered) but since reading part p it says that you have to notify within 30 days of work being carried out. Some of these were longer ago than this... I have organised all the certs, risk assessments etc so that i could show assessor i am doing all required paperwork, but am now wondering if i will get told off for not being able to notify them now? Starting to really brick it now!

I would love to go to the joke shop and buy one of those electric shock handshake gadgets, that would break the ice on your first assessment. :)

Just like all members have said, everyone gets nervous its normal, deep breaths and count to 5 before you give an answer just to clarify what was asked and how to answer. If you do not know anythink tell him, and show him where you can find the answer from the onsite guide or BRB. One thing I never understand on assessments is, the option arises after the assessment to ask questions of the assessor most people never do other than something like how did I do? Or similar, if he has picked you up on anything like your certificate for instance, ask him why his attention was drawn to that instance, and what would be the correct way to do it etc. Its your biggest chance of a one to one to get next years assessment better, take advantage from it, if the assessor has the time he will spend some time with you to explain what is expected and the like. If he has to rush off for another assessment do not hold him back with question after question.

Ive got an old antique voltage tester that looks like a pocket watch with tiny wooden handles on the leads. Might whip this out when he asks to see my test equipment! :^O

Latest posts