Electric Gates

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've hit on something, that black box in my picture turns out to be an after market loop detector, the sensitivity can be set for vehicles travelling over it, anyway, this is what's tripping, so I'm guessing that if the box is disconnected it disconnects the loop if that is faulty, or, alternatively, dis connect the loop itself to see if that sorts things?

The wiring info CAME sent has all the connector blocks but doesn't show what wiring goes anywhere
of course it doesn't. like i said in an earlier post, they are not the manufacturer of the gate, just some of the components. there is no full wiring diagram from came, just what the inputs / outputs on the control board do

I think I've hit on something, that black box in my picture turns out to be an after market loop detector, the sensitivity can be set for vehicles travelling over it, anyway, this is what's tripping, so I'm guessing that if the box is disconnected it disconnects the loop if that is faulty, or, alternatively, dis connect the loop itself to see if that sorts things?
I've already told you that

Ooops! sorry. :(
Anyway, the black box that CAME know nothing about is actually made by CAME, I disconnected one wire at a time, that got me either a constant green light with a blink every second and a flashing green light on the board, or no power to the box.Box 1.jpgBox 2.jpgBox 3.jpg

Last edited:
you mean the box wired into CX & 2 that you couldn't find?

still not made by came, just a generic box that's got their logo on it. like i also said earlier, its almost certainly got a dodgy cable in the ground

A senior moment Andy :(

So, how do I bypass it if there's a faulty wire to the loop as nothing I've disconnected so far works?

How do I link it out?
Here's the wiring diagram of the control panel.Control Box Wiring.jpgBox 1.jpgBox 2.jpgBox 3.jpg

Attachments

• Control Box Wiring.jpg
    Control Box Wiring.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I've tried removing each wire one by one from the loop box, the red one switches off the main PCB altogether, disabling the black wires going to the loop itself makes no difference, no matter what I do, the loop box won't reset?

like i said, you need to bypass it and its contacts are wired normally closed.

this isn't the type of thing you should be ******* about with if you don't know what you are doing. you need someone competant to fix it properly. not the first idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts