Electrical Engineer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Sharpend, To begin with, thank you for your commitment. I have sent a private message to you and Tony S in order to introduce myself to you in the forum . I can prove that... You have not replied to me as Tony S does. Then, talking to me like that , if I am an artist, will you be a Director ? I opened a topic in the forum thinking all members talk the same language here and our background is nearly similar with each other... Hoping we should help each other, but as far as I understand it is just a mistake, I take the full responsibility for it. By the way let me say something to you Sharpend, we will give each other a task to do at the same time and timing it and share the results in the forum before the deadline , are you OK with this Mr. Genius ?

Sharpend doesn't claim to be an engineer. Also as he has a job already, what does he have to prove? 

Fear-less, we’re not a job agency.

In the main we are a collective of various diverse electrical trades. We try to help people and we’re not judgmental as you seem to be.

Telling a member what they should or shouldn’t do doesn’t endear you the rest of the members.

Moderate your attitude or..............................

As has already been said, you're fishing in the wrong pond here, but following the string I'm not sure whether you have come for advice or looking for an argument.

I was previously involved in graduate recruitment, and you do need to recognise some hard facts. Firstly graduates with no industrial experience are not scarce, Secondly competence with a CAD system is good, but not everything by a long way. Thirdly that your training is not finished; it is about to start if you can get a company to take you on and invest in you.

Now you need to get yourself some interviews. Then you need to stand out to the interviewer, for the right sort of reason, and specifically NOT for being arrogant. If you pick an argument with an interviewer like you have with people on here who have tried to help , then you could be looking for a position for a very long time.

Please, for your own sake think how you come across to others, and good luck.

All I’ll say is come back in 20years and be sure to let us know how far you get. 
OK. Come now then... You think that having 20 or more experience make you the best Mr. Genius... I have seen a lot on site who thinks they know everything ... If you are not scared, my offer is still open to you... Even practical or theoretical anything about Low voltage,  medium voltage, high voltage or control systems. .. I will draw your picture using CAD program and calculate your age using Amtech ... Then let us see who will need 20 more years , you or me Mr. Genius ?

As has already been said, you're fishing in the wrong pond here, but following the string I'm not sure whether you have come for advice or looking for an argument.

I was previously involved in graduate recruitment, and you do need to recognise some hard facts. Firstly graduates with no industrial experience are not scarce, Secondly competence with a CAD system is good, but not everything by a long way. Thirdly that your training is not finished; it is about to start if you can get a company to take you on and invest in you.

Now you need to get yourself some interviews. Then you need to stand out to the interviewer, for the right sort of reason, and specifically NOT for being arrogant. If you pick an argument with an interviewer like you have with people on here who have tried to help , then you could be looking for a position for a very long time.

Please, for your own sake think how you come across to others, and good luck.
Man , I had industrial experience ok...You think people try to help here ... Thank you for your advice... I am sorry but you are not the right one here for me...

OK. Come now then... You think that having 20 or more experience make you the best Mr. Genius... I have seen a lot on site who thinks they know everything ... If you are not scared, my offer is still open to you... Even practical or theoretical anything about Low voltage,  medium voltage, high voltage or control systems. .. I will draw your picture using CAD program and calculate your age using Amtech ... Then let us see who will need 20 more years , you or me Mr. Genius ?

If you like drawing pictures, with that attitude, I'd go out and buy yourself some crayons. 

If you didn't have such an abrupt and condescending attitude, there are people on here who would, and could've helped. Including myself, but I doubt any will now. I know I won't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man , I had industrial experience ok...You think people try to help here ... Thank you for your advice... I am sorry but you are not the right one here for me...

I fail to see why you are so antagonistic, you’re not the only person here with a Masters in Engineering, nor a 1st degree in Engineering.

I really feel that you owe some apologies for the way you have behaved.

I looked at your files & yeah they are reasonable, but I can't tell from them what your other skills are.

In my world Engineers are not CAD jockeys, they do much more than that, in fact, a good Engineer is wasted on CAD.

I do know of a company that is looking for an Engineer to LV designs, from specifying the transformer size through to final circuit on new build & major refurb projects in the construction industry.

They have CAD jockeys galore, including 3D modelling, they need an Engineer that can do the design, but, I am sorry to say, like Rob above I won't be getting in touch wiuth you or them.

Quite a few of the big graduate recruitment companies are advertising career fares at the moment, those may be a better bet for you it seems.

One word of warning, from an employer, if your attitude on here is the way you are in real life then I suggest it may be a good idea for you to change it when you are looking for work.

The only time I communicate with customers in a similar tone is when they don’t pay up, and I'm no longer prepared to do work for them, or, when I visit a potential client and they want me to undertake substandard or illegal works.

I know that this is a forum and not a job offer site. There are so many people here from the same discipline and Somebody may need an engineer . If I try my chance here , there is nothing to loose. Plus, Please if there is somebody here in the forum, who can guide me or have good connections in order to help me , I am open to everything. 

Possibly from the tone of your posts you are not as open to guiding as you think you are?  The University of Birmingham careers network may offer a better choice of prospective contacts than a social network forum?

https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/postgraduate/courses/taught/eese/electrical-power-systems.aspx#EmployabilityTab  as they do say "If you make the most of the wide range of services you will be able to develop your career from the moment you arrive."  Or have you upset them as much as you have probably upset most of your chances with any of our members?  Just for the record the private message facility of the forum is generally between members who have built up a level of mutual respect from input and content on the open forum. You may well have shot yourself in the foot expecting anyone to respond to PM's from  you with only 11 public posts so far and  where several of them are of a negative attitude.  

Doc H.