Electrical Engineering

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wozz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hello

anyone here a electrical engineer or work for the EDF?

just after some advice for a interveiw coming up

cheers wozz

i work for e.on (central networks) as an electrical engineering apprentice,

;)

most of the time, you will have to sit there tests before hand what involve mechanical comprehension, verbal comprehension and numerical reasoning,

the next stage after that is, (in the case on central networks) you go to there trainning centres and do a number of practical tests, mine included wireing a single phase cutout, to a set spec and climbing a pole with a ladder and lifting a weight up, and then climbing a pole with climbing iorns to the top and learning backwards with harness,

after that came a interveiw, where qestions about team work and how you deal with certain situations, were asked also a background on why you want to have the job and what you know about the compony.

:D

thanks for the replies.

the interview i have is at a posh hotel so dont think i will be climbing any poles!

I was told i will be doing a technical and numerical test on the day, i am currently having maths tutoring to bring my maths up to around the a-level standard required.

this is what they said they were looking for:

'We

I am a electrician therefore trained in electrical installation,
Sorry, but i dont think you have any chance with them. your too qualified

We all know DNO's only take on unqualified people, who (as recent threads have shown), are not capable to wiring an electric meter