Electricfix

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
Blimey they are keen to get our trade.

4x text messages telling me they are doing T/E from 19.4p per meter................................................................... still cheaper from my wholesaler :^O :D

Blimey they are keen to get our trade.4x text messages telling me they are doing T/E from 19.4p per meter................................................................... still cheaper from my wholesaler :^O :D
i got the same text

but it is nice of them to let us know they are more expensive than our normal outlets :D :D

shame they didnt tell us what size

Not happy that NICEy seem to have sold registered contractor details to Screwfix - strikes me as contrary to their independent status to make commercial links like this.

Not happy that NICEy seem to have sold registered contractor details to Screwfix - strikes me as contrary to their independent status to make commercial links like this.
Phone NIC and ask to speak to someone who deals with that stuff. ask them for their contact details so you can then sell it. when the say they would rather not have people calling, ask why they are selling your details

where did the NIC come into it ???

they got my number because of all the electrical stuff i buy and my account mane

In this months connections mag there was a leaf advert for screwfix, so I would presume the niceic have been paid a healthy amount of dosh, not sure they have sold your details or mine screwfix only know my business from products I have purchased.(I think).

im not with NIC so they didnt get my details there. although its the same account number as my SF account so they have probably searched all SF accounts for anything with electrical in the name or people who often buy electrical stuff

I very rarely use SF these days & haven't used EF, but I did have cause to drop into SF for a pir floodlight on Saturday, whipped out the Electicfix card & asked if it was any use using it.

"What is it"

Its new from screwfix for electricians only

" I'll have to ask the manager about it"

while he's away one of the other bods behind the counter is telling a customer that the, computer display has a warning for the customer stating that the 25mtr roll of T/E isn't fire rated......so maybe he needs the 50mtr roll of LSF...........all for 5 down lights

The bloke comes back

"you can only use it when ordering via the phone, it's to stop diyers getting the materials to undertake difficult electrical work"

Yeh right course it is.

If you put a EF code in SF website, its the same product if SF sell it, otherwise it comes back as nothing found

And anyway, if the EF cat is really 'to stop diyers getting the materials to undertake difficult electrical work', are they going to stop selling mains boards etc at SF?! i think not