Essay on Twin and Earth cables

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kli1

Reaction score
I have to write an essay about Twin and Earth cables for college. Its not due till a few weeks but I would like to get a good head start. I have came up with some ideas of what I will write in my essay these include; what it is constructed of, the spacing you should put clips at, where it would be normally used, the different sizes you can get them in and some disadvantages and advantages of it rather than using single core in conduit.

The problem is I am struggling to find anything on the internet on them, is there any other names for them? Also is there anything else you think I should include?

Any help appreciated.

I agree with zeespark best place to look is the manufacterers litriture.

It will give you far more detailed information.

Advantage is it is Cheap (Compared to other cable methods).

Disavantged is that it can't be installed below a certain temperature (Can't remember what it is though :_| )

Have a look through your college notes. The college should have covered that.

Is your college using "B&B Associates" paperwork?

Thanks for your replies, managed to find out a little bit more. Admin, I am not sure if my college will be using "B&B Associates" as I have just started college this week. I am also not sure i will be using them as I am from Glasgow and think they have slight differences in books and stuff, might be wrong though.

A good question that you may want to address in your essay is why we choose to have an uninsulated earth conductor which is smaller than the live conductors. When I was in NZ I noticed the cores were all the same size and the earth was insulated throughout. No one knew what 'earth sleeving' was!

Just a thought!