Everything I need to know about year 3..

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnyspeed

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Does any one know of any training videos or course lessons online for Year3 C&G 2330? Any web pages that can teach and test me etc. This would help me so much as I am not working in the industry as yet and feel like I don't have a comfortable knowledge fo what i've been taught so far.

Any hellp greatly appreciated.

thanks

Jonny

Does your college give you access to the City & Guilds "Smartscreen"? There's some good stuff on there but some tutors don't like students accessing it because it's where they get your homework questions from! There's quite a lot of Inspection & Testing & fault-finding in level 3 so I would recommend a thorough reading of the relevant sections of the OSG & BS7671:2008. The two "Amicus" guide books are very good, they're available through www.technicaltrainingsolutions.co.uk

Hey everyone. Does any one know of any training videos or course lessons online for Year3 C&G 2330? Any web pages that can teach and test me etc. This would help me so much as I am not working in the industry as yet and feel like I don't have a comfortable knowledge fo what i've been taught so far. Any hellp greatly appreciated.

thanks

Jonny
With regards testing, ask your tutor. Mine has >4gb of videos on testing.

Other than that, Smartscreen, Swindon Massive, and of course everybody on this forum is happy to help :)

You will find the o s g useful for testing and G N 3 . you should have ample oppurtunity to test as part of your course . you will conduct both dead and live testing . You will test on a 3 ph board as well ( at least we did ) so it will be something you will learn as you progress through the course . good luck with it .. :D