Extending 6mm T&E

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still a mechanical joint though , whats this section in the 17th that Ian is on about , how does it affect jointing a cable ? A joint is either mechanical or sweated . I wonder what he calls not accessible , under floorboards or what ?

Still a mechanical joint though , whats this section in the 17th that Ian is on about , how does it affect jointing a cable ? A joint is either mechanical or sweated . I wonder what he calls not accessible , under floorboards or what ?
hammer and bolster gains access to most places,

I suppose the screw terminals inside a CU are non accessible as you require a tool to access them too. ]:)

Clause 526.3 - have u got a copy of the 17th ??

Not accessible - joint is in a grd flr ceiling void that

Sorry for the rant its nothing personal toward steptoe just been one of them days putting right the F-ups of the home owners distant uncle Albert who worked as a spark for a bit or so they say NOT!!! its clearly horse poo
Nice bit of plagiarism steps with a twist of artistic licences Applaud SmileyApplaud Smiley - I like the uncle Albert bit, trotters indepent traders stike again :^O :^O

Nice bit of plagiarism steps with a twist of artistic licences Applaud SmileyApplaud Smiley - I like the uncle Albert bit, trotters indepent traders stike again :^O :^O
just mind your chandeliers, or was that grandad. ?:|

just trying to point out ian that i do take the rough with the smooth, and I dont knock down 7671 just for the sake of it, it is a good guide as to working practice, but needs to be used with a big dollop of common sense at times.

just mind your chandeliers, or was that grandad. ?:| just trying to point out ian that i do take the rough with the smooth, and I dont knock down 7671 just for the sake of it, it is a good guide as to working practice, but needs to be used with a big dollop of common sense at times.
It was grandad - hooray for ukgold and the daily fix of proper comedies

Totaly agree on using common sense its the most important tool in the box as 7671 does'nt have the pratical answers for half the things we do but just tells us a lot of the time what we cant do in an ambiguous

Anyway did the job today with crimps and sleeved with heat shrink the builder was well impressed cus you could hardly notice the joint once the gray sleeve was on.

Is it safe to come out of the hut Blushing

Screws work loose I've lost count how many times I've tightened up terminals on inspections etc. The world around us vibrates with everything from the car going by, the stereo blasting, the plane overhead and screws will be screws and they will come loose.
Copper also 'flows' under pressure hence adding to the vibrations working on the screws themselves.

This is why when PAT testing you should ALWAYS open the plug. First to check the fuse is the correct rating and, second, to re-tighten the screws.