Extending Telephone Line 40M To Summerhouse

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theorysparky

Domestic Electrician
Reaction score
I have a customer who want a telephone line to his summerhouse so he can run his business from there

its either this or get a booster so his wireless will connect

the guy wants to run a couple of laptops of this line and a telephone,,,,i am thinking a hub in the summerhouse which he can plug all his kit into.

This has its own issues in that a bottleneck may occur at his front end.

He also has the issues of laptops,x boxes,shy etc in the house

any ideas how to go with this

Cheers

Cheers Steve

i thought it may be ok

just need to work out either end connections

I have done a few similar jobs. One recent, at first it was just a phone line with the router plugged in at the shed and a booster back up to the house for the kids and his occasional use.A few years later due to the improvements in laptops, tablets and smartphones etc he wanted it swapped round, but was advised to run a cable link rather than wireless . I moved the BT master & router back up to the house and a cat 5 clipped to the fence. Either end of the cat 5 terminated in a RJ45 wall socket with patch leads to the router and PC. I always use the correct grade black external cable and gel filled. In this case it was too much work to bury the cable and the customer asked to clip it.

If you run 2, then you have options, use one for phone other for data, or one into router and one patched back out to house.

If the router is in the house then use one into a power switch and use 2nd for phone.

You can use the Brown White/ White Brown for phone at a push if your only going for 10/100 and not gig.