Exterior sockets - Ireland

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have only had one neg, and to be honest I think I deserved it, but it was a personal observation based on experience, I am after all human and not immune from faults simply because I am a moderator of this forum. Which is why I have a softly softly approach to those who could be trouble, but willing to embrace this forums fine example if given a chance. To be honest, I do not care very much if people dislike what I say, sometimes you have to be brutishly honest for the message to get through, being liked for all the wrong reasons is as bad as being hated for all the right reasons.

Those members who have had some very good feed back truly deserve their scoobs, the quality of post are outstanding, and even I am in awe, Moderators do not require scoobs, we do this job because we care about the day to day running of the forum, and truly appreciate the input from our members. I like other moderators are in a privileged situation, and that is our scoob count.It is however very humbling when a poster decides to give us a scoob, and is very appreciated.

If the Republic has diffferent Regs then there not a lot most of us can say IMO

I was about to say your advisor was being pedantic asking for DP switches but if the regs are different , who knows .

Ah Didn't read that one Noz ...thanks.Perhaps they use the same BS as us then........naw.. they're not going to use the word British there are they?
i have seen there regs book and all i can tell you is, it was yellow. One of the Odd things i was told by my advisor was that I could not import cable from the uk. When all my cable was delivered it was all marked up doncaster ; \ think cef are looking after him

my take on this is when ever i fit outdoor sockets off a ring final or internal socket circuit i always fit dp isolatrion in case of fault reasons to isolate that outside supply from the internal wiring.

OOOOOOPPPSApparently my Sis inlaw didn't get the full message to her other half:coat

Apparently outside sockets DO require DP isolation within the property.
:innocent Well since post #14 i may have become some what deaf to the issue :innocent

Thats bad news :_| Going to be a bit of a fiddle to adjust what i've installed, especially now two of them are plastered in.

Didnt happened to get a reason for the DP isolation did you?

The "damaged accessory" was one of the reasons i was given, just in reality IMHO i couldnt see the exterior accessory being of greater risk to damage than any other interior accessory.

Oh well, i'll have to see what can be done when i get over there next week. might be a good idea to get my hands on a copy of their regs

Latest posts