Extractor fan in landing???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mack87

Reaction score
i went to a job yesterday to install a new 4 inch fan. it was for an internal bathroom but the window for the bathroom was on the oppisite side of the landing outside the flat where the stairwell is. the wondowalready had a small vent which wasnt taking the steam away so could i put a fan inplace of the vent and extract out into the landing area?

and then move the problem from one room to another? should be vented directly outside. just because there isnt an external wall doesnt mean all hope is lost. you can get pipe to extend it to outside

Short answer is no, the fan is not expected to move air from one room to another and distribute damp causing moisture.

and then move the problem from one room to another? should be vented directly outside. just because there isnt an external wall doesnt mean all hope is lost. you can get pipe to extend it to outside
that means i would have to core though walls an all sorts of ****. i think ill just leave that job for now lol

Latest posts