Extractor Fan

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taid49

Reaction score
Hi. I want to buy a new extractor fan for my bathroom, the in it at moment does not seem to extract the steam very good. I have had this one in about 5 years, I don't know make or it's output, it is one that runs on for about 2 mins after switch off, I don't want anything to expensive, could you please advise me what I need to get as there is starting to get some black condensation on ceiling.

thanks john.

Something like this should do

standard_industrial_wall_extractor_fan.jpg

but unless you give more details, then not much anyone can do to help...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd recommend a Manrose CF100H, its a 4" centrifugal fan (higher flow rate) with a humidistat.

Once fitted the fan may run for up to 2 weeks before the humidity levels drop to an acceptable level and then they recon it should run for up to 3 hours a day...... but after that you should never suffer with condensation

I fitted an xf100h the other day (customer supplied),,, if it was up to me I'd still go with the cf100h as it is much better

If there's no way for fresh air to get into the bathroom this could be reducing the amount of air the fan can suck out. Does the fan pull stronger if the bathroom door is open? If so maybe try fitting an air louver to the door.

2mins is a very short run on. As blue duck said have you tried increasing the run on time? Most timers are adjustable up to at least 15 minutes.

Doc H.

Latest posts