Fault Finding In Loop In Controlled Entry Loop-In Style Wiring

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusebox

Reaction score
Came across a wee thinker of a fault today regarding an old secure entry system in a tenement block. To save myself and yourselves time I'm basically asking if anyone on here is familiar with this style of wiring and these systems and if they are i will explain the fault in alot of detail! Thank you!!

Trust me it is!! The way they wired them 30 years ago before PCB's became the norm. Means if one phone gets faulty or one loose connection it brings down the entire system and affects everyone! As you can imagine the other home-owners are not happy haha.

Had a fault to fix like this last year, where one of the residents loosened the handset off the wall to decorate behind it.  A couple of wires popped out meaning that they couldnt use their handset to let people in, and neither could the old lady who lived on the top floor.  She had to throw visitors a spare key out of the window!

:slap

and if you gave your mate a shout and they lifted their handset you could talk to each other without leaving your flat,

a very common system a few years back.