Fault Message and Fault code on Sofar inverter.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good afternoon: I was wondering if you can help me out here: I have had a new solar panel system installed for the past two months I am getting a

Fault Message on the Inverter: BatOV. with a Fault Code: Bit2
The inverter is a Sofar HYD 3600 hybrid inverter

This fault has occurred 5 times since I had the equipment installed. The fault does clear and the system continues to function. The inverter is in the attic and there are comments about the inverter “ derating “ though I don’t know if this is what is happening.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what this means please?

I have looked on the internet and the answers I can find don’t make much sense to me. I am trying to get in touch with the company I bought the system from and I am also trying to talk to the company who installed the system.

Derating is when the inverter partially shuts down to prevent overheating. It literally nakes itself less efficient. Given that this generally only happens in the summer you have to wonder if your inverter is undersized?

What does your installer say?
What is the size of the array in kw,?

Derating is when the inverter partially shuts down to prevent overheating. It literally nakes itself less efficient. Given that this generally only happens in the summer you have to wonder if your inverter is undersized?

What does your installer say?
What is the size of the array in kw,?
Many thanks for your reply Binky

I am trying to get speak to the installer with no success yet. Hence my thoughts about getting some useful information from this site. I too thought about the summer approaching and if it is overheating after only a couple of days sun that is not good.

The system is:

*HIB* Longi HiMo5 400W All Black Mono solar panel - 10 panels in total
A string of 4 and a string of 6.

Sofar HYD 3600 hybrid inverter

2 x Sofar AMASS GTX5000 4.6kWh Lithium Battery

On my Sofar HYD5000-ES (okay so may not mean the same), according to the User Manual:

"BatOV" means "Battery high voltage protect"

"ID100‐ID103 is battery fault. If this fault occurs
occasionally, wait a few minutes to see whether the
problem is solved.
If this fault occurs frequently, please contact SOFAR
Technical Support"

There are "Set max charge voltage" and "Set max protect voltage" settings available on mine.

But those settings are only available if DEFAULT is selected as the battery type.

Which is selected if the battery isn't one of the brands in the menu, Pylontech , DARFON etc.

And Sofar AMASS isn't a choice on mine, strange as it's a Sofar inverter.......

Last edited:

Latest posts