Fed Up ****** Off Had Enough 2330,2356,2357

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

androiduk2002

Reaction score
What a complete shambles mind **** situation.

I am in my final few months of 2330 level 2 , got my 203 next week and 204 soon after.

When we started the course back in 2009 we was told by our lecturer then " to become a fully qualified electrician we needed 2330 part 2 , 2330 part 3 , 2356 NVQ , and then AM2 and could week as a volunateer to be able to get our NVQ should we not be in the trade" he then advised us to get the 2330 Part 2 out of the way get in the trade do level 3 and NVQ at the same time.

Now 2 years on we are told the NVQ is stopping and only by chance as we have been asking, shock horror gasp ! ! , so what happens now we ask.

Well its not really an issue as you can do the NVQ section of the new 2357 , (could it really be that simple) NO its not .

The requirements of the new 2357 are you must be an apprentice working at least 30 hours a week with your employer.

So wheres the problem with that I hear you say , have you looked at apprentice jobs lately they want 16-24 year olds and the goverment has set the standard they must be paid at least

Don't despair mate!!. I finished my 2330 lvl's 2 and 3 about 2 yrs ago now. since then I've done the 17th ed and 2391. I'm a member of a scheme too. Because I haven't got an NVQ3 I'm not a fully qualified electrician in the eyes of the JIB at least..I'm self employed though..Don't give up on it mate. It is becoming tougher I know, but there are still people that want a career change that would make good electricians.

Unfortunately I do wish to do the NVQ as I want the JIB card .

To add to the complete shamble this change over is causing , this has been confirmed by City & Guilds today ......................

The 2356 NVQ registration HAS been extended till 31st July 2011 ........ although it was due to close TODAY.............

and everyone blames everyone else for all these problems , its between City & Guilds , Summit Skills , The Goverment and the Wolfe Report is causing problems as well .

i know how you feel as well i finished the 2330 lvl 2 and now on the 2330 lvl 3 the college I'm with has helped us a lot we do our 2330 theory with city & guilds and are NVQ with EAL

I was chatting to my examiner on Friday about your predicament and he said that although things are changing with the qualifications, you should still be able to complete your NVQ as planned. the new course which is taking over 2330 contains all the modules required for an apprentice to become a qualified electrician. That includes AM2 which I understand has some changes in it. Things need to be made clearer for people like yourselves who want this qualification.You need to badger City and Guilds to get the official standing on this. I wish you luck with it mate.

Unfortunately I do wish to do the NVQ as I want the JIB card .To add to the complete shamble this change over is causing , this has been confirmed by City & Guilds today ......................

The 2356 NVQ registration HAS been extended till 31st July 2011 ........ although it was due to close TODAY.............

I started my NVQ in August 2009 and should be finished by the end of April am I likely to be OK in this situation ?

Sounds a right can of worms I hope it works out for you.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:05 ----------

I have just re-read your post so pls ignore my question.

I was chatting to my examiner on Friday about your predicament and he said that although things are changing with the qualifications, you should still be able to complete your NVQ as planned. the new course which is taking over 2330 contains all the modules required for an apprentice to become a qualified electrician. That includes AM2 which I understand has some changes in it. Things need to be made clearer for people like yourselves who want this qualification.You need to badger City and Guilds to get the official standing on this. I wish you luck with it mate.
I have been badgering City and Guilds , they keep blaming the others for the problems (Summit Skills) Summit in turn blame City and Guilds .

They have known about these changes coming into place for over a year now and still it is not all finalised ! !

I have been badgering City and Guilds , they keep blaming the others for the problems (Summit Skills) Summit in turn blame City and Guilds .They have known about these changes coming into place for over a year now and still it is not all finalised ! !
That sounds about right! It doesn't help people like yourself that want to get on and get their qualifications. I hope it all works out for you though mate.