Filling out a MWC

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
afternoon, just had a total block headbang so can some one just steer me in the right direction.

installed some outdoor lights with 1.5mm2 3 core SWA which is fed from a SFCU (3a) off the downstairs ring main. on the MWC in part 2 is the "overcurrent protected device for the modified circuit" the 32a 60898 or the 3a 1362. and if its the 3a 1362 would the max disc time be 5s or 0.4s (looking at table 41.4 in BRB and getting confused) the circuit is protected by rcd in main consumer unit.

thanks in advance

wayne

Circuit. An assembly of electrical equipment supplied from the same origin and protected against overcurrent by the same protective device(s).

Circuit. An assembly of electrical equipment supplied from the same origin and protected against overcurrent by the same protective device(s).
Ah! So it's the 100 Amp dno fuse that's the cpd then? ]:)

However I would not put that in any cert.

We are talking of overcurrent are we not?

Then I would suggest that the fuse in the fsu is the opd for that circuit.

The 'circuit' is the ring main. The FCU, and the SWA etc.., is part of it. It isn't another circuit from a circuit, the ring main isn't a sub main so it doesn't supply other circuits.

If you connected a heater to the ring via an FCU would you put the 1362 as the CPD for the modified circuit?

id use the ring main MCB details - the ring main is not a submain as lurch says. but it is possible that Zs at SFCU complies, but at the end of spur it doesnt comply with ring main, but does with the 1362 fuse