Fire rated down lighters and ip rated

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppy

Reaction score
Looking for some fire rated downlighters / spots (chrome) any suggestiuons on which ones and were to g et them.

Looking at best value for money?

So many out there which do you think are the best?

Also need some Ip rated downlights / spots for outside use around a porch, again which do you guys think are best and were from?

Many thanks you advise is much appreciated.

Craig

i use click fireguard, whole sales sell them.

they are good,

i use click fireguard, whole sales sell them.
I've been looking at those, trying to find a job where they can go in! Seemed to get many thumbs up last time someone asked about downlighters, and I'd already narrowed down my hunt to the IP65 ones for one job, but customers don;t like paying for stuff so they didn't.

Thanks guys.

Are those 230V or transformed.

Also what do you reckon is best 230V or transformed down lights?

i had some real crap ones from screwfix that did not pull up to the ceilling well, small terminals and the glass covers were pull out secured by ball bearings. stumbled across the click ones and try to supply and fit them from now on, they are aqustic and moister as well i think.

the ip 65 have a screw up glass cover and they look nice.

big terminals and seam to spring up well.

prob some better out there but fire rated for

they are 230, i dont like transformers,

more work

produce heat

can trip b type mcb

although i have seen them come already wired to jb

http://www.aurora.eu.com/Used the Aurora lights quite often, good fittings i think, and reasonable priced.
I've used some of the Aurora stuff before, some of it's good, some of it's not. Not sure where it's all made but it seems to be variable. Used to use JCC but tbh they aren;t what they were IMO and they're not overly cheap either, there's better ones out there for the money, like the Click range. ;)

i fitted some robus 240v fire rated bathroom downlights for my dad at the weekend, they were

I've used the click ones. Generally very good, sometimes not the tightest fit in the ceiling. I tend to cut a slightl smaller hole than the instructions recommend (only by a mm or 2) but it seems to help greatly.