First of many i hope!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwiNCFC

Reaction score
Did my first 2330 level 2 exam today and got a distinction! It may be the easiest test but im so glad i got a distinction. Im doing the 2330 level 2 in just one year on 1 day a week because it was the only space left on the course so its going to be a really busy few months till the beginning of june!

Got to fit in my 202,203,204 and practical test all before june! The 201 and 202 i have taught myself as the 2nd year of the class have already done it, so hopefully i will get a good result in that too.

A couple of questions that i got stuck on, on the 201 was when there was a picture of a resistor and it asked if it was a thyrsitor, variable resistor and 2 other things but it had a line going across it with a line at the top. I clicked on variable resistor, and i had a feeling it was a thyrsistor as a VR normally has a little arrow. Does anyone have a picture of one of them?

It also asked me what was current measured in which is obviously Amps. But arent these 2 supposed to be in the 202? They caught me off guard a bit.

Thanks for all the help on this forum btw! Guinness

Got my final certificates today! The RED overall one and i got as follows:

201 Distinction

202 Credit

203 Distinction

204 Pass

205 Credit

206 Pass

Really pleased with myself considering i did it in 7 months and only 1 day a week. Struggled on the practical side but i had no experience and the 206 was the first time i had done work in bays!

Going to try and get some funding for a Level 3!

Thanks for all your help guys! Especially to those that sent me some bits of cable and fixings etc :D

201 Distinction

202 Credit

203 Distinction

204 Pass

205 Credit

206 Pass

Going to try and get some funding for a Level 3!

:D
Level 3 same as old C cert C&G?

Well Done Mate.

That is an extraordinary achievement, in just 7 Months. :Applaud :Salute

Gratz matey.

Nashey and myself managed to do exactly the same, Level 2 in 7 months doing 1 day a week.

Unfortunately the college didn't really have the resources to teach us separately so we had to study privately ourselves for most of it, and by doing year 1 for the first 3 months then jumping in halfway through a year 2 class for the last 4 months. Obviously missing a great big gob that should have been in the middle.

Distinction, Credit, Distinction, Distinction, Distinction,

Soo annoyed with the 202, I was 1 answer off.... :(

We also did our 2377 and 2382.

What a last month! Finally just got some part time work with an electrician just 3 days a week and i have learnt so much practically! He couldnt afford to take me on full time but i impressed him and he has offered me an apprenticeship! I'm over the moon, after years of trying to get an apprenticeship!

He does PV panels and some domestic stuff. And i start my level 3 next friday! :D

So 1 year and 4 months since original post and i have now passed my Level 3! Finished the practicals today, they were tough but got through them! Now going to continue doing my nvq level 3 and my am2 this time next year but thats ages away!

Relieved that no more exams for a year, just going to continue getting practical experience in my apprenticeship and understand lighting circuits more (as thats what i need to practice)

This must be a forum record! 14 months before an update :) :)

Well done and 14 months later thanks for the update.

Thanks Manator! and thanks to all those on here that have helped me with past papers etc, really appreciate it!

Latest posts